[flashrom] Flashrom hardware requirements?

Bernd Blaauw bblaauw at home.nl
Tue Apr 26 22:25:20 CEST 2011

dear FlashRom developers,

Is there a Wiki page for your project listing minumum hardware
requirements and behaviour (errorlevels/errormessages) in case this
platform isn't met?
I guess FlashRom can only write/erase EEPROM, but identifying and
reading is limited to i80586+/8MB/PCI/EEPROM as well?
My interest so far lies in Idwer's FlashRom DOS binaries, possibly
bundling them with a new FreeDOS distribution, for the sake of
identifying and saving BIOS.
Graceful errormessages would have my preference above General Protection
Faults and the like, if running in situations where processor is too
old, not enough RAM, no PCI found or no EEPROM found.

with best regards,

Bernd Blaauw