[flashrom] EC kernel interface - kernel feature request [draft]

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Apr 23 15:53:51 CEST 2011

to put this into some perspective...
we (mainly twice11, xvilka, me) were discussing "the" major
architectural problem of flashrom's internal programmer on irc: doing
delicate stuff in user space without kernel support.

we came to the conclusion that it is worth to at least try to convince
kernel people to provide interfaces for us to get more control
over important things like acpi' execution and its interrupts.