[flashrom] Failed Flash Dead Board

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Apr 22 22:01:53 CEST 2011

Hi John,

Schenk, John wrote:
> This evening I will attempt to verify the 8 pin device noted, below
> the lower right corner of the cardbus and below the TI PCI7412 Chip
> lower left.

Good luck. It should be ok.

> I will reply to all with the BIOS chip info details later on.

As far as coreboot goes the chip not so relevant. flashrom could
possibly benefit from testing erase and write of the chip, or from
you gathering more information and doing testing and development to
access the flash chip via the embedded controller which is probably
along the path between CPU and flash chip.

A note also to you and to everyone reading the lists who may not know
already; please do not ever use reply in your email program when you
are sending a message on a new topic to a mailing list.

Even if you write a good new subject line, all email programs will
still include references to the email that you replied to in the
headers of the message that you send, which creates confusion and
disorder where these headers are relied upon for displaying emails
grouped by thread; ie. discussion topic, as is the case in numerous
email programs, and web-based mailing list archives.

Thanks!

//Peter