[flashrom] Tyan Thunder K8WE s2895 with SSTFL49080A flashing report

STEMMELIN, FREDERIC (FREDERIC)** CTR ** frederic.stemmelin at alcatel-lucent.com
Mon Sep 6 00:05:38 CEST 2010

Hello,

hope the email address used is the correct one for this kind of purpose.

I am trying to copy my current BIOS flash content into a new flash chip on Tyan s2895 motherboard.
I can read the content of actual SST flash chip, but cannot write in a new Winbond flash chip.

So i have two questions for you:
- Is the content of the file "BIOS_ver106_Tyan_Thunder_K8WE_on_SST-49FL080A_dump_with_flashrom_Vr.bin" a valid BIOS dump (BIOS version 106) ?
- Is the winbond chip i used supported ? (W39V080FAPZ_4521872002_620LDFA) or may be is the flash chip already dead ? (could be possible, i dont know)

I attached  all information that may be usefull for you.
I used latest flashrom version found on official web site.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Have a nice week.
Frédéric Stemmelin
A non-text attachment has been removed: Tyan_s2895_STTFL49080A.tar.bz2