[flashrom] [patch] EPoX EP-8NPA7I board enable

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Oct 16 01:08:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

patch (accidentally) committed in r1213. I wanted to cancel the commit,
but hit the wrong buttons, sorry.

I omitted the spelling change in the commit, added an entry in print.c
so the board appears in "flashrom -L" and wiki output, and I mentioned
the southbridge used for the board...

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 05:48:19PM +0200, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 14.10.2010 17:14, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> > Add board enable for EPoX EP-8NPA7I (and possibly other similar EPoX boards).

However, and this is the reason I tried to cancel my commit, your
subject says "EP-8NPA7I" while the patch says "EP-8NPAI", which one is
correct? Both boards seem to exist, though the "EP-8NPAI" cannot be
found on the EPoX website (but I did find PCB photos on the web).
There's also a "EP-8NPAJ" on the website.

Which board exactly do you own? Do you have a vendor website URL for it
maybe? Also, please post output of:

 - flashrom -V -w whatever.bin
 - lspci -xxxnnnvvv
 - superiotool -deV

from that board, if possible.

> Acked-by: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net>
>
> Please wait with the commit until the partial write conversion in
> flashrom is over to make sure that functionality can be bisected. I
> expect this to take maybe two more days.

Ouch, and then I even overlooked this comment, which would be yet
another reason to cancel the commit I guess. Sorry.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org
http://randomprojects.org | http://unmaintained-free-software.org