[flashrom] SST39SF020A write ok, and message question

Andrew Morgan ziltro at ziltro.com
Mon Oct 11 22:40:01 CEST 2010

Log attached.

When running 'flashrom' on its own I got this message:

This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: WRITE
The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
version of flashrom. If you are running the latest development version,
please email a report to flashrom at flashrom.org if any of the above
operations
work correctly for you with this flash part. Please include the flashrom
output with the additional -V option for all operations you tested (-V, -Vr,
-Vw, -VE), and mention which mainboard or programmer you tested.
Please mention your board in the subject line. Thanks for your help!

Should the text "Please mention your board in the subject line." in this
case say "flash part" or "flash chp" instead of "board"? I'm assuming
the board name is important for un-tested boards or board enables,
whereas in this case it is the flash chip name which is important?

--

Andrew.