[flashrom] flashrom bios ecs k725a help

Mattias Mattsson vitplister at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 02:44:45 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 09:49:43AM -0700, I N wrote:
> can someone please help me understand this from the output: No
> coreboot table found. sh: dmidecode: command not found dmidecode
> execution unsucessfull - continuing without DMI info Found ITE Super
> I/O, id 8705 Found chipset "SiS 735", enabling flash
> write... OK. This chipset supports the following protocols:
> Non-SPI. Calibrating delay loop... OK. No EEPROM/flash device
> found. Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found
> automatically.
>
> i provide as requested on irc attachments of 'flashrom -V', 'lspci
> -nnvvvxxx', 'superiotool -deV', exact name board: EliteGroup K7S5A,
> link to bios update:
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=74&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=24&LanID=9
>
> i really don't know which one to get from that page.
> please tell me if i can use flashrom to update my bios.

Please try a later version of flashrom (at least r1073).

Autodetection of super i/o chip ITE IT8705F has been added and I think
your board will work with an unmodified (newer) flashrom.

See intructions for getting the latest SVN version here:

http://flashrom.org/Downloads

Please also tell us which variant of the ECS K7S5A mainboard you
have. According to the ECS website there are five:

- K7S5A (v1.1)
- K7S5A2 (v1.0A)
- K75SA (v3.1)
- K75SA Pro (v5.0)