[flashrom] DOS binary doesn't work?

Idwer Vollering vidwer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 23:58:38 CEST 2010

2010/10/5 max <opendtv at yahoo.com>

> --- On Tue, 10/5/10, Idwer Vollering <vidwer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So it is working fine now ? Do you know what is being
> > written to the TEMP dir, since you used a default
> > cwsdpmi.exe and/or cwsdstub.exe ?
>
> I don't think it has anything to do with cwsdpmi. cwsdpmi gives a warning
> message if it can't create a swap file on "C:", but that is harmless.
> Flashrom seems to be trying to execute an external program, and the temp
> file may be related to that.

There is a gdb for djgpp binaries:
ftp://ftp.univie.ac.at/applications/djgpp/v2gnu/gdb611b.zip
http://ap1.pp.fi/djgpp/gdb/6.8/gdb68b.zip

> I can't say whether it's working fine yet because I'm still learning how to
> use it.
>
> > What variant of DOS are you using ?
>
> MS-DOS 7.1 mostly, but I also tried FreeDOS.

You are seeing the same behaviour on FreeDOS too ?
Have you tried running flashrom with dmidecode.exe (
http://assembler.cz/flashrom/dmidecode.exe ) in the same directory ?