[flashrom] DOS binary doesn't work?

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Mon Oct 4 20:13:43 CEST 2010

On 4.10.2010 18:44, Rudolf Marek wrote:

>> Any idea why flashrom is trying to write to "C:", and how much disk
>> space it requires?
>
> Yes it is creating maybe a pagefile for virtual memory. I think we can
> use cwsparam to force it not to use any.

use cwsparam.exe to edit the cwdpmi.exe and put there "" when it ask for
filename. I think then it wont try to write anymore. If the dmidecode.exe
already contains the DPMI server you can run it directly on the binary.

Maybe we should update the README and describe how to do that as well as how to
create a binary which contains a DPMI server (plus way how to compress that with
UPX).

Thanks,

Rudolf