[flashrom] Intel 3420 chipset ?

Iain Paton selsinork at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 17:52:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

Anyone had any sort of useable results with SPI on an Intel 3420 PCH ?  Couldn't see anything in the list archives apart from the
patches adding the ID's.

Anyway, i have an Asus P7F-E with this chipset, probing seems to work, but a read fails with OPCODE 0x03 failed. I'd be interested
to know if this looks like a board enable thing or something else before I start digging too deeply.

Details of the board and available SPI roms attached. The superiotool output may be suspect, it detects a Winbond NCT5571D but this
board actually has a Winbond W83667HG based on both what lm_sensors can detect and physical evidence laser etched into the top of
the chip :)

There's no WP jumper or options in the bios, but hopefully that wouldn't affect a read anyway. I've also sucessfully updated the
bios through the built-in flash util which hopefully helps rule out things like the board being broken or needing a jumper.

Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks,
Iain

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
         Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
         Product Name: P7F-E
         Version: Rev 1.xxG
         Serial Number: 123456789012345
         Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Features:
                 Board is a hosting board
                 Board is replaceable
         Location In Chassis: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Chassis Handle: 0x0003
         Type: Motherboard
         Contained Object Handles: 0

<http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Q7m7Z458pnOF2Oeq&templete=3>