[flashrom] SSD firmware - flashable via flashrom?

Cory Vaughan spsppl at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 18:32:00 CET 2010

Hi,
I just flashed my foxconn Bloodrage GTI motherboard with flashrom in Ubuntu, and it was so much easier than the alternative of formatting a disk, installing Windows then making an Hp boot pendrive with the flash tools. So I think flashrom is super awesome!
But I was wondering if I could use flashrom to flash my OCZ Vertex SSDs. They get firmware updates pretty often...and the flash process is just as bad. I dont ever want to have to install Windows in my life again.
So is this possible? What kind of info would I need to pass to the f.r. developers?At this point all I know is the firmware is made by Sandforce.It would be great to have options of secure erase and flash upgrade through flashrom...
cheers,CV