[flashrom] Radix for layout ranges

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Tue Nov 23 01:11:45 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:44:10PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> AFAICS that breaks ranges with leading zero, which are assumed to be
> octal after this change.
> Besides that, it breaks all existing layout files which are missing the
> 0x prefix as documented in the man page.
> The man page has the following layout file example:
> 00000000:00008fff gfxrom
> 00009000:0003ffff normal
> 00040000:0007ffff fallback
> Note the missing 0x in front of the values.
>
> Given that this is a major user interface change, we might as well
> switch to a new layout file format which has better syntax.

Yeah, I'd change it to whatever is the best-suited syntax rather sooner
than later. I doubt this functionality has been used much at all anyway,
to be honest. I for one didn't ever use or need it so far.

Uwe.
--
http://hermann-uwe.de     | http://sigrok.org
http://randomprojects.org | http://unmaintained-free-software.org