[flashrom] flash fails

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat Nov 13 05:40:26 CET 2010

Hi Rudolf,

On 12.11.2010 12:26, Rudolf Andringa wrote:
> flashrom -w A7032VMS.500
> flashrom v0.9.1-r710
> No coreboot table found.
> Found chipset "VIA VT8237", enabling flash write... OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Non-SPI.
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> Found chip "SST SST49LF004A/B" (512 KB, FWH) at physical address
> 0xfff80000.
> Flash image seems to be a legacy BIOS. Disabling checks.
> Writing flash chip... ERASE FAILED at 0x00000008! Expected=0xff,
> Read=0x54, failed byte count from 0x00000000-0x0000ffff: 0xfebf
> ERASE FAILED!

This log indicates that nothing was changed and it is safe to reboot. If
you want to be 100% safe and if you made a backup before, please run
flashrom -V backup.rom
If that says "verified", everything is guaranteed to be OK.

We need to add support for your mainboard. Please update to latest
flashrom and send the output (as root) from

lspci -nnvvvxxx
superiotool -deV
flashrom -V

to this mailing list together with your exact mainboard name (including
version), and please upload your current BIOS image to
http://paste.flashrom.org/

Thanks.

http://www.hailfinger.org/