[flashrom] Success flashing Supermicro X7SPA-HF

Jochen Schulz ml at well-adjusted.de
Thu Nov 4 23:34:49 CET 2010

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks and report that I just successfully flashed
the BIOS of my brand-new mainboard Supermicro X7SPA-HF¹ using flashrom.

After wasting a whole evening trying to make a 4MB BIOS image fit onto a
(virtual) floppy, I stumbled upon flashrom again and, without much
thought, decided to give it a try. I tried reading the current BIOS
first and after that worked I flashed the file X7SPA0.526 from the
current zip download. I ignored the message that erasing is untested and
another one that suggested that a single block or something like that
couldn't be eraed. After five minutes of waiting I became a little bit
nervous, but two or three minutes later flashrom was finished and I
could reboot successfully.

So, thanks again, flashrom saved my day. If you need any further
information for your documentation, please Cc me as I am not subscribed.

J.

¹ http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPA.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y
--
When I am doing sex I wonder if my emotions can be detected by alien
civilisations.