[flashrom] PSA (Public Service Announcement): Please test partial writes.

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Tue Nov 2 04:17:21 CET 2010

Hello everyone,
Carl-Daniel recently posted what will likely be the final patch in the "Real
partial writes" thread. The patch has many benefits, but also carries some
risk. There's a fair amount of core logic being changed and we'd really
appreciate any/all testing and code reviews. If you're feeling up for it,
please head over to http://patchwork.coreboot.org/project/flashrom/list/ and
grab the latest "Real partial writes" patch!

We now have test script in the util/ directory that you may use to
automatically test partial writes. Simple usage is as easy as building
flashrom with the patch, cd'ing to the util/ directory, and running the
flashrom_partial_write_test.sh script.

The patch should go in soon, so it's important to find any show stoppers.
Heck, even after the patch goes in it would be great for folks to run the
script and let us know if anything looks suspicious.

Thanks, and sorry for the PSA spam!

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.