[flashrom] External programmer update

Reinder de Haan rs at mveas.com
Sun May 30 10:44:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have some success using flashrom >serprog _> own avr frimware.

it needs some polishing the i will release schematics + source.

i doupt shift regs is the way to go..
i used a 74act574 (8 bit latch) for the low 8 bits
and dedicated io for the high bits (the other way around would have been
  better)
if you used one 574/8 address bits you only need 8+<chip ctrl
lines>+<(adresslines+7)/8)> io pins.
best would be to use a whole port for the datapins..

i will do a arduino posrt shortly.

greetings,
Reinder