[flashrom] curious about nicrealtek

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 28 14:49:13 CEST 2010

Am Freitag, den 28.05.2010, 00:41 -0700 schrieb Kyle Kienapfel:
> Yup, the output looks sensible
I'm afread the output looks like the "write enable" pin of your EEPROM
is not connected to the RTL8139 chip as it would be needed to detect,
erase and write the flash rom chip. As reading just uses the "chip
enable" and "output enable" pins, reading is not a problem.

This line:
> Probing for SST SST29EE010, 128 KB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0x55, id2 0xaa, id1 parity violation, id1 is normal flash content, id2 is normal flash content
shows quite clear that the "read ID" command (which is delivered using a
write cycle) does not reach the chip, so it returns the first two data
bytes instead of vendor/product ID.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher