[flashrom] spi_block_erase_d8 failed during command execution

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sun May 23 14:51:02 CEST 2010

[this message is primarily addressed to list readers, not to Dominic
personally]

Am Sonntag, den 23.05.2010, 14:47 +0200 schrieb Michael Karcher:
> Am Sonntag, den 23.05.2010, 11:31 +0200 schrieb Dominic Fandrey:
> > I suspect I just bricked my notebook. I tried to flash it with a
> > BIOS image I exchanged some device IDs in. It failed with the subject
> > error and I tried to flash again with the backup, which failed in
> > the same manner (needless to say I dare not reboot at the moment).
We already discussed this issue in the IRC channel. The system is
write-protected and/or the Intel SPI driver failed, so nothing at all
happened. As flashrom checks for successfull erase before trying to
write the backup, even writing the backup failed, as erasing was not
successfull in the first place.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher