[flashrom] Tyan S2915 OEM / HP xw9400 now supported

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Sat May 22 10:05:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

flashrom should work fine since version 0.9.2 revision 1008 on all Tyan
S2915 OEM boards.
The reason for the failing access was that those boards have two MCP55
LPC bridges. flashrom enabled the first LPC bridge (oddball PCI class)
instead of the second one (ISA bridge PCI class). Since we don't have
any reports of PCI ID 10de:0361 being used as "real" primary LPC bridge,
we blacklisted that ID for now until class checking is in place (which
may break on other boards with buggy BIOS, not sure). The "real" LPC
bridge on this board has the PCI ID

I'd appreciate full output of
flashrom -V
with latest flashrom (at least 0.9.2-r1008).

Thanks to everyone who tested and provided lspci output.

http://www.hailfinger.org/