[flashrom] flashrom Digest, Vol 12, Issue 35

Jörg Fischer turboj at gmx.de
Thu May 20 21:35:39 CEST 2010

Hi,
Julio Barrios schrieb:

> Thank you for taking the time to look for info about my MB. It is very
> similar to the one in the picture that you asked me to look at.
>
> I guess I have found the chip that you need to know about. It was covered by
> a heatsink and that's why I didn't see it. I hope this is the one. If it is
> not I will ask a friend to take a good picture of my MB. Please let me know.
>

> The chip that I uncovered says:
>
> Intel
> *NH82801IR*
> L7395128
> SLA9N

That is the ICH9 Southbridge. The Flash chip is _much_ smaller and never
 under a heatsink. You shold probably look for a small 8-Pin (SPI-)
Chip. Could have a "Sticker" on it (BIOS Version).

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Lookimage.aspx?/Upload/Mainboard/200705160543230218_G337MA-8KS2H.jpg

On the Photo its probably the small one all the way left of the white
PCI slots.

-- J. Fischer

ps. Re-sending all of a digest as a qoute sucks...