[flashrom] DOS version of flashrom

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Wed May 19 17:19:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

I tried to build flashrom for DOS on Ubuntu 10.04 following the
instructions in the flashrom README. There are quite a few issues with
missing steps and stuff that simply does not work. I finally gave up
when it could not resolve _valloc.

I would very much like to know the rest of the instructions for a
successful cross compile to DOS. I saw that Carl-Daniel Hailfinger has
offered to proved a tar ball of the cross compiler etc but it would be
really good to be able to fix the instructions in the README.

Then I found the flashrom mailing list archive with a reference to a
prebuilt version on Rudolf Marek's site - thanks.

I have now run this and apart from not being able to find 'dmidecode' it
managed to correctly identify the SPI device (a W25x32) on the system
behind an ICH9M-E which is in descriptor mode but not locked down.

Andrew