[flashrom] [PROPOSAL] support for NIC RTL8139 onboard flashing

Guenter lists at gknw.net
Tue May 18 03:16:57 CEST 2010

Hi,
Am 17.05.2010 23:28, schrieb Uwe Hermann:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 06:27:10PM +0200, Jörg Fischer wrote:
>> I have still some not-really-working code from my earlier experiments. I
>
> Ditto, I have similar code from many months ago and ran into issues too,
> never got a working code or a suitable card, not sure.
>
> I'll probably look into it again soonish, but the bigger problem seems
> to be to find a card where this _can_ work. Well, or soldering and
> modifying the card.
As far as I can tell this worked once with a card which had a 28-pin
socket, but I added the missing pins (layout was though complete) so it
had then 32-pin; AFAICT it only works with 32-pin because 28-pin flash
chips are not compatible to the 28-pin eprom pinout.
I will check if I can get it working again with Realtek's flash writer
from DOS, and one of my newer cards (f.e. Longshine) which came with
32-pin socket; have somewhere an ATMEL and also a SST laying around
which should be good for this (the only two chip manufacturers which are
supported by the Realtek writer).

thanks also for the posted code, will then take a look once I know for
sure I have a card where it works with :)

Gün.