[flashrom] successfully flashed my motherboard Asus P5K

Robert Grasso robert.grasso at modulonet.fr
Sun May 2 14:53:09 CEST 2010

Hello,

it was my first flash ever ! I just wanted to let you know that this flash proceeded successfully. I verified the BIOS versions before and after the flash.

The coreboot table was not found, however I had not to state it with -m.

Once the flash had been performed, I entered into the BIOS pressing Del : I was just asked to enter the BIOS in order to recover it : I had to press F1 (sorry I should have written the steps displayed on the screen) so I entered the BIOS, browsed it quickly, then exited and saved. And everything seems to be fine.

Please find attached the flashrom logs reading the original BIOS, writing the new one, and verifying it.

Flasrom is straightforward, and quite a nice tool !

Thanks
--
Robert Grasso
@home