[flashrom] Autodetect ITE IT87* LPC->SPI translation

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 24 00:08:56 CET 2010

On 23.03.2010 22:35, Ward Vandewege wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:19:02PM +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>
>> Autodetect ITE IT87* LPC->SPI translation on all boards without the need
>> for a board enable.
>> Move boards which had an IT87* SPI board enable from the board enable
>> list to the OK list.
>>
>> Verbose logs appreciated.
>>

> I've attached two verbose logs - both from Gigabyte m57sli systems, one LPC
> based, the other SPI.
>
> Your patch seems to work fine.

Thanks for testing!
An ack would be appreciated.

I'm assuming the LPC flash board was with BIOS, and the SPI flash board
was with coreboot

There's one thing we might want to address independently: Garbage in DMI
if someone is using coreboot.
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "€­û"
> DMI string system-product-name: "€­û"
> DMI string system-version: "€­û"
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "€­û"
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "€­û"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "€­û"
> DMI string chassis-type: "€­û"

There should be a way to detect this, preferably without having garbage
appear in the logs.
Ward, could you please run the following commands on the coreboot
machine and mail the output?
dmidecode -s system-manufacturer
echo $?

Thanks a lot.