[flashrom] Known board/chip but unable to write.

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 22 04:17:35 CET 2010

On 22.03.2010 03:30, Ian-Xue Li wrote:
> flashrom v0.9.1-r963
> No coreboot table found.
> DMI string system-manufacturer: "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd."
> DMI string system-product-name: "GA-MA78GPM-DS2H"
> DMI string system-version: " "
> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd."
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "GA-MA78GPM-DS2H"
> DMI string baseboard-version: " "
> DMI string chassis-type: "Desktop"
> Found ITE Super I/O, id 8718

Could you try
flashrom -p it87spi -V

This mainboard series is known to use IT87* chips for SPI flash
translation. If that works, please send the log of the flashrom command
above, and
superiotool -deV
lspci -nnvvxxx

That will allow us to add support for your board.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth