[flashrom] Known board/chip but unable to write.

Ian-Xue Li da.mi.spirit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 21:46:54 CET 2010

Hi,

My board is Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H, and the rom chip seems to be MX25L8005
(obtained from official flashing software).

Both of them has been supported in the list of flashrom -L, nontheless,
flashrom COULD read from it, if I force something like

	flashrom -f -r -c MX25L8005 asdf.rom

and it is definitely working. But when it comes to writing into it, the
-c and -f option seems doesn't do anything at all.

There it said "No EEPROM/flash device found."

This is really confusing, can anyone preach me where I am doing wrong ?

--
李彥學 (Ian-Xue Li)
http://b4283.ath.cx

A student.