[flashrom] flashrom on non-x86 hosts

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 5 04:03:30 CET 2010

Hi,

[I wish to apologize for the crossposting, but AFAICS quite a few
coreboot developers are not subscribed to the flashrom list yet.
Followup is set to flashrom at flashrom.org and I'll make sure your replies
will be whitelisted and end up on the flashrom list.]

flashrom has reached a state where pretty much all hardware access is
now done in an OS-independent and hardware-independent way.

Does flashrom still work on non-x86 architectures?

I remember people using it on non-x86, but only PPC is mentioned near
flashrom/flash_and_burn. Endianness might be an issue with the current
code, but since I lack the hardware, I have no way to test.
Please send any test/compile results as reply to this mail, and I'll try
to address any bugs/problems as they turn up.

Thank you!