[flashrom] Tyan flash S2915 fails under linux - chip detection problem....?

Phil i15 at ornl.gov
Mon Mar 1 17:03:36 CET 2010

Hi there all,

  I have another data point, since I upgraded the bios on my Tyan S2915
MB, using a hacked CD and DR-DOS. After a cold boot, using the svn
version of flashrom , the new bios (v401) made no difference to the chip
detection problem.

I mention this, since the board had the oldest version of the bios and
since the PCI routines had a bug (video cards change address every
boot), there was an outside chance that my board would not respond like
the Tyan representative's, since the bios was older.

My machine has 8 GB of memory, and I qm running a 32 bit  version of
2.6.31.12-0.1-pae

Cheers

PHiL