[flashrom] Porting flashrom to OpenBSD

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Fri Jun 25 17:07:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 03:25:10PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2010/06/25 11:57, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >
> > you're in CC of this mail because you sent the "unbreak pciutils" mail
> > to this list, and the failure mode is related.
> > http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=126918139214769
>
> Hmmm... So why is PCIOCWRITE failing, even when securelevel is 0 and
> allowaperture=2...

Probably because you do un-aligned PCI config space access.
Our /dev/pci only supports 32 bit wide read/write, aligned on 4 bytes
boundaries.

The rest of the discussion about not abusing the aperture driver for
this also stays.

If you need to write to PCI config space, you'll need a separate
kernel interface, with a high-level interface, so that you don't allow
random changes in the PCI config space from userland.
--
Matthieu Herrb