[flashrom] Porting flashrom to OpenBSD

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Jun 25 15:41:49 CEST 2010

On 25.06.2010 11:57, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> Port at http://spacehopper.org/flashrom.tgz is updated (add dmidedode
>> as a RUN_DEPENDS and tidy the Makefile).
>>

> Thanks, looks good. One small comment about installation in sbin,
> though. flashrom can also work with programmers attached to serial ports
> and USB, and those might work even for non-root users if appropriate
> permissions are set (well, under most Unix-like OS, but OpenBSD might be
> different). Due to that, some people think installing in bin instead of
> sbin makes more sense.

One additional question about the port. I saw you have this in the port
Makefile:
> CPPFLAGS+=      -I${LOCALBASE}/include
> LDFLAGS+=       -L${LOCALBASE}/lib

Does this mean that the OpenBSD-specific CFLAGS/LDFLAGS in the flashrom
Makefile are wrong/useless? I have this snippet in the flashrom Makefile
patch:
+ifeq ($(OS_ARCH), OpenBSD)
+CPPFLAGS += -I/usr/local/include
+LDFLAGS += -L/usr/local/lib
+endif

That snippet is designed to pick up libpci from the ports tree (well, I
don't really know if ports work like that). The idea is that if someone
has pciutils installed in the standard location, running "gmake" in the
flashrom tree shouldn't need any additional parameters, and just work.

http://www.hailfinger.org/