[flashrom] Test Report: SST SST39SF020A

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 14:07:25 CEST 2010

Hi Michael,

On 23.05.2010 03:47, Michael Marineau wrote:
> Flashrom is reporting the following to me, requesting a test report:
>
> Found chip "SST SST39SF020A" (256 KB, Parallel) at physical address 0xfffc0000.
> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: ERASE
>
> Erase/Write operations appear to work perfectly fine, attached is the
> verbose log from a write.
>
> The mainboard used is an VIA EPIA-MII.

Thanks for your report.
We are currently reworking the erase code a bit, and due to this test
reports for erase are very helpful to know the current state, but erase
and write will probably need testing again in a few weeks. We'd be happy
if you could test again once flashrom 0.9.3 is out (which should include
the erase/write overhaul).

http://www.hailfinger.org/