[flashrom] SPI Flashing via Bus-Pirate to DFI T3H6

Daniel Flinkmann DFlinkmann at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 12:02:59 CEST 2010

Hello again,

Am 17.06.2010 um 16:00 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:

> Side note: My AAI patch on the list might result in a faster write if
> you change the write function for your chip in flashchips.c. It does not
> support progres printing, though, so you might want to wait for an
> updated progress printing patch.

I think I will wait for a combination of the AAI patch + Progress bar + 3x BP-Speedpatch.

> I think I read somewhere on dangerousprototypes.com that OpenOCD support
> was broken in some firmware versions. We use essentially the same interface.
> Anyway, I reported your problem here:
> http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/index.php?topic=651.0

So they suggest to send a dummy spi command first and then start. Thats a quick
and dirty workaround. Shall I hang in a Logic Analyzer between the Bus-Pirate and the
spi-flash to figure out the communication exactly ?

By the way: The flashing yesterday was not only sucessfull, Bus-Pirate and Flashrom saved
my bricked T3H6 mainboard and the pc is running perfectly again. Thanks for all the support
on this.

And I heard through the grapevine that a pirate in a bus is driving to Tübingen somewhere in the
next 2-3 weeks ;-)

Cheers,

Daniel

--