[flashrom] SPI Flashing via Bus-Pirate to DFI T3H6

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 17 16:00:02 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

On 17.06.2010 13:56, Daniel Flinkmann wrote:
> Am 17.06.2010 um 13:08 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:
>
>>> By the way. The first reading tests I have done ( svn1048, 1048+3xBP-patch and
>>> 1048+3xBP-patch+no_delay-patch) resulted in three identical binary files. I just
>>> double checked that with an md5sum.
>>>

>> Good. Did those images contain only 0xff bytes or was there real content
>> inside (you can use hexdump or xxd to check).
>>

> Just 0xff bytes (sorry forget to say that). As you eventually remember, I had made erase tests before the read tests.

Ah. I thought you had tried read after the aborted write attempt. Sorry
for the confusion.

Side note: My AAI patch on the list might result in a faster write if
you change the write function for your chip in flashchips.c. It does not
support progres printing, though, so you might want to wait for an
updated progress printing patch.

>> Mh. I expect that an unpatched Bus Pirate driver will have the same
>> problems.
>> Which Bus Pirate is this, and which firmware are you running on it?
>> AFAIK some firmware versions have known bugs which might affect us. If
>> your firmware is indeed one of the broken versions, I hope we can add a
>> blacklist to flashrom and refuse to communicate unless the Bus Pirate is
>> upgraded.
>>

> I have a Bus-Pirate V3 with Firmware v4.5. Thats the most updated stable version.
> I had refreshed the firmware (and bootloader) just before I started flashing the spi flash chip.
> If you know about a firmware which causes the problem, please give me a link to the source
> of that info.

I think I read somewhere on dangerousprototypes.com that OpenOCD support
was broken in some firmware versions. We use essentially the same interface.
Anyway, I reported your problem here:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/index.php?topic=651.0

http://www.hailfinger.org/