[flashrom] Winbond W29EE011 erase works, probe fails

Guenter lists at gknw.net
Mon Jun 7 05:47:26 CEST 2010

Am 07.06.2010 04:40, schrieb Guenter:
> Am 07.06.2010 04:23, schrieb Guenter:
>> find attached the patch for marking the Winbond W29EE011 as erase
>> working, though probe didnt work for me.
and now most crasy thing: I did swap the bios chip, and the original
chip was detected as W29C011, but while I was testing with the W29EE011
with exactly same bios content (which I flashed before with an external
programmer -> copy of content of the original chip) I removed the Award
sticker, and behold: the chip which was probed as W29C011 is also
labeled as W29EE011-15, exactly same as the replaced one!! So it seems
like there are mislabeled chips out in the wild; I checked with Award's
AFLASH which reported *both* chips as W29EE010 ...

Gün.