[flashrom] Asus P2B-N

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jul 8 11:20:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 08.07.2010 06:35, Mattias Mattsson wrote:
> I'm using latest flashrom (r1070) on an Asus P2B-N h/w rev. 1.04.
> Unfortunately it can't find the flash chip.
> (It's a MVC V29C51002T-90P).

That's pretty odd. Either the writes are not passed through to the chip,
or another probe sequence irritated it too much. You chipset talks
directly to the Parallel flash chip AFAICS.

> DMI string baseboard-manufacturer: "ASUSTeK Computer INC."
> DMI string baseboard-product-name: "P2B-N"
> DMI string baseboard-version: "REV 1.xx"
> DMI string chassis-type: "Unknown"
> Found chipset "Intel PIIX4/4E/4M", enabling flash write... chipset PCI ID is 8086:7110, OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: Parallel.
> [...]
> Probing for Winbond W49F002U, 256 KB: probe_jedec_common: id1 0x22, id2 0xfd, id1 parity violation, id1 is normal flash content, id2 is normal flash content
> [...]
> No EEPROM/flash device found.

Could you perform a cold boot (including removing the power plug), and
run flashrom exactly once after boot with the following command line:

flashrom -V -c W49F002U

That should give us more hints why the ID of your chip doesn't show up
at all.

http://www.hailfinger.org/