[flashrom] via epia cn1000eg flash failed.

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Jan 27 08:18:26 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:38:40AM +0100, Idwer Vollering wrote:
> 2009/11/20 Yuri Schaeffer <yuri at schaeffer.tk>
>
> > Yuri Schaeffer wrote:
> > > Currently I have no idea how to repair my system. Folks at #flashrom
> > > pointed me to here.
> >
> > Well above desperation is over. Last Friday I traded my chip with one of
> > Idwer's pre-flashed chips, whom was extremely kind in helping me. Since
> > a couple of days I inserted the chip and the system woke up like the
> > sleeping beauty. :)
> >
> > Many thanks to all helping me via this list, IRC and IRL.
> >
> > @Idwer: Have you tried my old bioschip yet, did it work on your system?
> >

> Hey Yuri,
>
> I finally found (and took) the time to mess with your chip.
>
> Using flashrom r883, probing, reading and writing your chip works; erasing
> is work in progress (Sean ?).
>
> Luc: the chip itself doesn't appear to be broken because writing a 512KB
> file created with dd from /dev/zero and reading it back, then comparing the
> empty and readout file with md5sum shows that the files are identical (ergo
> empty) -- yes, I saved the original content.
> ( http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2009-October/000777.html )
>

> > //yuri (puccha)
> >

> HTH,
>
> Idwer

Wow, this i had never expected.

There should be no issue with this board; the board enable is the
chipset enable. There was no issue with previous instances of this
board.

I am stumped myself, i think carldani had some ideas.

Can you send me, personally, the image that you read from the chip?

Luc Verhaegen.