[flashrom] [coreboot] Paraflasher Competition

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 19 15:50:33 CET 2010

[added flashrom to CC]

On 19.01.2010 15:44, Joseph Smith wrote:
> Looks like the Paraflasher has some competition:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/NANO-BIOS-Programmer-for-PC-M-B-BIOS-repairing_W0QQitemZ270449469749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotherboards?hash=item3ef80b6935
>
> Possible external flasher for flashrom?

Doable, but painful. That thing is a parallel port flasher and uses USB
only as power supply...

> Although the Paraflasher is way better by design :-)

Sure. By the way, what's the status of Paraflasher? Does it work for
flashing? Any interest in adding flashrom support for it (easy task)?

Does someone want to check the Nano BIOS Programmer support list against
the flashrom support list? Would be cool if we could list all chips they do.

Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."