[flashrom] flashrom v0.9.1-r706 works with "Intel ICH10R" chipset and "Eon EN25F80" chip :)

cam_daw at fastmail.fm cam_daw at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 18 07:39:52 CET 2010

Hello,

This is to report that flashrom v0.9.1-r706 worked flawlessly for me -
and as it is a system that has an unknown status in
http://www.flashrom.org/Supported_hardware, could you please update
flashrom to confirm that it now works.

Details are as follows:-

flashrom version: v0.9.1-r706 (that's in Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64
repositories)

Board Manufacturer: Shuttle
Board Model: SX58H7
Chipset: "Intel ICH10R"
Chip: "Eon EN25F80" (1024 KB, SPI) at physical address 0xfff00000

The following flashrom commands work:-
flashrom -V
flashrom -rV saved.rom
flashrom -EV
flashrom -wV new.rom

I've attached the output of these commands to this email.
Note that the output from the "flashrom -wV new.rom" command generated a
very large text file (1.8MB), but worked successfully as I verified my
computer functioning with the new bios update past a cold boot.
Also, after reading the updated bios rom to a file, and comparing the
md5sums of the extracted rom and downloaded-from-the-web rom, the file's
checksums match.  So it wrote and read the rom files fine.

Thanks for your excellent application flashrom - it's saved me a lot of
time :)

Regards,
Cameron Dawdy

  cam_daw at fastmail.fm