[flashrom] Big problem after flash of SST SST25VF016B on HP Compaq 615

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 11 13:54:18 CET 2010

Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 21:53 +0100 schrieb Parallix:
> With the vendor tool "ROMPaq for HP Notebook System BIOS (68GVV) – FreeDOS Bootable Media"
> one is only able to DOWNGRADE the HP Compaq 615 to a BIOS revision "F.06" dated 3 Aug 2009
> which is much older than the version which is already on the laptop (F.0B dated 29. Oct. 2009).
> The version expected to fix some laptop bugs is F.0C dated 23. Nov 2009.
You can exchange the 68GVV.BIN by a new  BIOS for your system, if you
know how to rebuild such a bootable DOS CD. Or you just make a bootable
DOS USB stick (there should be enough howtos around) and copy
eRompaq.exe and 68GVV.BIN to that disk. It is important to name the BIOS
file 68GVV, because the name of the file does not show the version of
the BIOS, but the system it is intended for.

I'm still checking your system for flashrom usability - at least I know
now how to dissect EFI BIOSses, and find the runtime BIOS within.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher