[flashrom] Big problem after flash of SST SST25VF016B on HP Compaq 615

Parallix Parallix at aachen-central.de
Sun Jan 10 09:32:38 CET 2010

Hi Michael,

Am Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010 01:54:12 schrieben Sie:
> Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 00:52 +0100 schrieb Parallix:
> > The bad thing is that vendors like Compaq respectively HP and some others,
> > in particular Sony, do not provide vendor flashing tools which can be used
> > without putting an unwanted operating system on the machine.
>
> Download the FreeD
> > OS flash updater,

I don't know the "FreeDOS flash updater". Can you provide a link to this applica-
tion. My favorite internet search engine delivers only a link under FreeDOS to
http://www.linuxinsight.com/how-to-flash-motherboard-bios-from-linux-no-dos-windows-no-floppy-drive.html

> extract it with cabextract,

cabextract is also available under Linux

> burn the
> ISO file to CD. Boot from CD and update your flash.

> Having you test flashrom stuff would still be nice.

what do you want to have?

Best,

Parallix