[flashrom] Big problem after flash of SST SST25VF016B on HP Compaq 615

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 9 20:06:16 CET 2010

Am Samstag, den 09.01.2010, 20:00 +0100 schrieb Parallix:
> should I now flash the old (and buggy) bios or the new (hopefully bugless)
> one?
The old one, to recover your system to a safe state.
Fixing the real issue is left for later. You might want to compare
whether the last 256KB of the old and new BIOS are the same. In that
case, an update without removing the boot block lock is possible,
although not yet implemented in flashrom (partial write).

> Should I use the trunk/developers version of flashrom or the released
> one?
You should use the developers version with the suggested modification
applied.

Please also send the info Carl-Daniel Hailfinger requested.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher