[flashrom] DMI matching patch

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Thu Jan 7 15:47:59 CET 2010

On 07.01.2010 12:22, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> Ok, then each of those 6 strings are only stored once, and are always
> stored (if dmidecode is present), the never need to get used for other
> purposes, they never need to get removed and re-added with other
> contents. They are local to the dmi.c code. I do not see a reason to
> make them dynamically allocated.

My main motivation here was libflashrom which is almost ready. The CLI
is already factored out, so someone may convert flashrom into a shared
lib, and I thought a lib shouldn't have too many static allocations. I
won't fight over this, there are more important problems to solve than
dynamic vs static allocation.

> Yeah, maybe a few of the other boards which can only be matched
> with -m can also be improved this way.

Now that would be awesome.

Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."