[flashrom] Cannot flash satabios (Sil3112)

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 1 01:31:10 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 31.12.2009, 13:52 +0100 schrieb Mateusz Murawski:
> [...]

And just for the archive: The cheapest silicon image controllers are
shipped with OTP EPROMs that need high voltage programming. These chips
are not detected by flashrom and can not be programmed nor erased in
system. So if upgrading of a standalone controller fails, first check
the type number of the chip (below the sticker). If it starts with 27,
the chip is not upgradable at all, neither with flashrom nor with
Silicon Image's dedicated tool.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher