[flashrom] Releasing 0.9.2?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 15:35:54 CET 2010

Hi,

On 26.02.2010 11:40, Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Well, at least for Ubuntu I can say, that the "DebianImportFreeze" is
> over. So if you want to have a more recent version in Ubuntu Lucid,
> you'll have to file a bug report on Launchpad with the remark that an
> updated version in Ubuntu is highly recommended since the old version
> is buggy.

Ouch. OK, we can rush a 0.9.2 release and hope we get it in through the
exception process. Our Ubuntu package is at r873, so an update might be
feasible. Right now we're merging bugfixes only, so there is a
reasonable chance we have a convincing case.

> I have no idea about Fedora, but I think the freeze for F13 is
> somewhere in early March, when the first beta is released.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/Schedule says Feature Freeze
was 2010-02-09. Exceptions apply. Our Fedora package is at r893, so an
update might be feasible. Same rationale as with Ubuntu.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth