[flashrom] Releasing 0.9.2?

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 26 08:47:37 CET 2010


given that the eraseblock conversion is complete, what do we want to
merge before 0.9.2?

Here's my personal merge list:
High priority:
- Laptop warning.
- DMI restructure (needed for laptop warning).
- Chip driver fixes in patchwork.
Medium priority:
- All unacked board support patches (do we want to mark those boards as
- All chip driver patches.
Low priority:
- All other pending patchwork patches, unless they are rejected or have
unaddressed review points.

TODO list:
High priority:
- Check if the man page is up to date (mention all programmers, use
correct format for parameters, ...)
- Fix compilation on Idwer's machine the right way because it might be
broken in other setups as well.
- Write a high-level changelog similar to the 0.9.1 changelog (see wiki).
Medium priority:
- Provide a --test mode (destructive)
- Always read the chip before writing, and only issue the scary error
message if flash contents changed.

How fast do we have to release to meet various distribution cutoffs? I'm
especially thinking of Ubuntu which ships a semi-broken flashrom version
right now AFAICS.
If we have to release Right Now(tm), I am happy if we get the high
priority stuff merged/implemented.


"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth

More information about the flashrom mailing list