[flashrom] data for Elitegroup ECS GF8100VM-M3 v1.0

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 19 02:51:43 CET 2010

Hallo Marcel,

On 19.02.2010 02:37, marcel partap wrote:
> Hallo Carl-Daniel,
> nice to see progress on newer nforce, finally the day where users can
> apply bios bugfixes without resorting to obsolete disk operating
> systems disks are near - woohoo!! ;)
> guess it indeed does use SPI, hope you can figure something out from
> this log.

Thank you for the log. It definitely helps us a lot.

> flashrom v0.9.1-runknown

Probably r906 (in case someone looks at this report later on).

> No coreboot table found.
> DMI string 0: "ECS"
> DMI string 1: "GeForce 8000 series"
> DMI string 2: "1.0                   "
> DMI string 3: "ECS"
> DMI string 4: "GeForce 8000 series"
> DMI string 5: "1.0                   "
> Found chipset "NVIDIA MCP78S", enabling flash write...
> This chipset is not really supported yet. Guesswork...
> ISA/LPC bridge reg 0x8a contents: 0x40, bit 6 is 1, bit 5 is 0
> Guessed flash bus type is SPI
> Found SMBus device 10de:0752 at 00:01:1
> SPI BAR is at 0xf9e80000, after clearing low bits BAR is at 0xf9e80000
> Mapping MCP67 SPI at 0xf9e80000, unaligned size 0x544.
> SPI control is 0xc01a, enable=0, idle=0
> SPI on this chipset is not supported yet.
> OK.
> This chipset supports the following protocols: None.

And more confirmation that the code so far works fine.
I hope to find some time to work on full SPI support around mid April.

"I do consider assignment statements and pointer variables to be among
computer science's most valuable treasures."
-- Donald E. Knuth