[flashrom] Asus m2n-mx revision 1.06G

Michael Karcher flashrom at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 17 11:25:12 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2010, 01:06 +0100 schrieb
flashrom at datastructuur.nl:
> my Asus m2n-mx motherboard seems not supported by Flashrom. The
> w39v040c was not found automatically, so I tried a forced read.
> The flashrom dump and the original bios are very similar but not the
> same.
That's OK. Most modern BIOSses save some system information in the
Flash.

> Motherboard:
> Asus m2n-mx rev. 1.06G
MCP61 + non-SPI flash. Interesting to hear about!

This chipset is not really supported yet. The flash write enable bit for
LPC/FWH flash is the same as in MCP55, which is not yet enabled for
MCP61.
A board enable bit is GPIO31 on the IT8712F chip. To access this chip,
the BIOS sets PCIConf[0x7B] in the ISA bridge to 0x19, accesses the port
(0xA02 in your case) and restores PCIConf[0x7B] of the ISA bridge to
0x20.
Just for reference: The board enable procedure is at 3E5D in the F
segment.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher