[flashrom] JIDA CMOS

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Wed Feb 17 03:04:08 CET 2010

On 2/16/10 7:31 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> The jidacmos linux tool enables you to save and restore the CMOS settings of
>> all supported Kontron CPU boards from within a Linux environment.
>>
>> I'll also take a look at nvramtool.
>>

> Judging from the readme, nvramtool should be usable as a full
> replacement for jidacmos (at least the Linux variant), and nvramtool
> doesn't need a kernel driver at all.

The Kontron boards use an i2c eeprom to back up nvram afaik. I think
that's what jidacmos is about.

I sniffed the smbus that is easily accessible with the headers of my
986lcd-m but there's only SPD-ROM traffic on that bus.

Kontron: Any information on this would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613