[flashrom] MCP67 with LPC flash

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Feb 16 15:54:54 CET 2010

Hi Hervé,

I noticed you wrote about your flashrom experience at
http://www.hmarcy.com/2009/04/how-to-flash-the-bios-of-your-shuttle-barebone/
and it seems you have a pretty rare SN68PTG5
<http://www.shuttlecomputer.de/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-72/169_read-14289/>
board with MCP67 chipset and LPC flash.

Could you please download latest flashrom from subversion (see
http://www.flashrom.org/Downloads for instructions) and run
 flashrom -V
(which shouldn't modify your flash in any way, it just dumps info about it)
and then send the output as reply-all to this mail so it ends up on the
flashrom mailing list? (You can also reply privately to me if you don't
like mailing lists.)

We're trying to improve support for the MCP67 chipset, and part of it
depends on knowing whether LPC or SPI flash is attached. Your Shuttle
board seems to be the perfect candidate to determine this.

Thank you.

Developer quote of the year:
"We are juggling too many chainsaws and flaming arrows and tigers."