[flashrom] Status of dediprog support?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Dec 10 21:43:21 CET 2010

I was delighted to find flashrom when I needed to recently flash a chip
with a Dediprog SF100 and I googled for "dediprog linux".

I started with the 0.9.2 release of flashrom as packaged by Debian, but
didn't find support for "flashrom -p dediprog". I then noticed a 0.9.3
release on the website, downloaded the latest code from subversion,
compiled it and *still* didn't get support for "flashrom -p dediprog".

After digging through the Makefile, it was easy enough to find the
support I needed by doing:

	make CONFIG_DEDIPROG=yes

My question is, what needs to happen before this is the default setting?
(Such that the package in Debian will have this support compiled in for
my convenience.) For everything I did, (writing and verifying a couple
of chips on a couple of boards), the Dediprog support seems to work just
fine.

Is there some further testing I could help do before this support is
enabled by default?

Thanks,

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com